5.01.2011

Dresser Re-do

This dresser has' seen it all. It has resided in numerous bedrooms throughout my family and now lives in our little Texas bedroom as our one piece of standing storage. It had some loose slats (which we nailed down) and pieces chipped off the fronts of the drawers (which I sanded down). Needless to say, it needed a re-do. 
Here is the before:


I removed all the hardware and transported it outside underneath the car port to give it a scrub down and begin the make-over process.

Next I fired up the new electric sander and gave it a once over the entire surface.



For the color I chose a soft crystal blue (which is the accent color in our bedroom.) I used Behr Premium Plus Ultra paint in the color "ozone." This particular brand is my favorite for furniture because it contains primer and paint in one. As far as I'm concerned that means fewer coats, and therefore less time spent. It was looking great after one coat, but I touched it up in a few spots with a second go over. 
I let it dry completely (which only took about 20 minutes in this 100 degree heat), reattached the hardware, and viola!!!!



It looks even better in the bedroom!!


"Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise You!" 
Psalm 63:3

1 comment:

  1. Jess that looks AWESOME. Dad says he wants that chest of drawers back now!

    ReplyDelete