6.03.2011

Ribbon Wreath Wedding Present



I have a great friend who got married earlier in the year and I wanted to make her a wedding present while I was at home visiting. One quick trip to Hobby lobby is all it took for a little inspiration. (Gotta love the Hobby Lobby)

I decided to make her a ribbon wreath she could hang on the door of their new place. I picked up some 2" ribbon in a fun print with a patriotic-ish color scheme (because her husband is also in the service). I cut the strips of ribbon into pieces and hot glued the sequentially around the foam wreath overlapping each piece over the previous. I found a foam letter "M" (the initial of their last name) and painted it glittery gold and fixed it to the bottom left. Then I took three cardboard stars (two smaller and one larger), painted them navy blue and hung them with red twine from the top of the wreath.

Such a quick and great project to Celebrate the beginning of life together.


The path of righteousness is like the morning sun, shining ever brighter till the full light of day.
Proverbs 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment