6.03.2011

Thrift Store Crafts

Here is what I did with all those "thrifty finds." 

This is an old small decorative shutter that I found for $3.00. I got the idea to use it as an earring holder from a friend who has one adorning her wall.

The Before
 

And the After...


All I did was paint it a shabby chic cream color, hang the earrings, and it is perfect. So easy and cute!


For the rectangular frame I found, I simply painted over the whole thing: frame and insert (there was no glass) with the same cream to give it a cohesive look. Then I painted a cute phrase that summarizes this current stage in our life.
This little sign now lives in our office above the space where J does his chair flying.*

*chair flying (as described in "A Spouses Guide to Pilot Training") is flight "practice" in which the student mentally runs through the entire flight as if he/she were actually there (frequently involves sitting in a chair in from of a cockpit poster and talking).

Serious.
More to come...

On a side note: my husband really is normal, this whole Pilot training thing just makes him appear crazy at times. But he still has all my love and respect.



We may throw the dice, but the LORD determines how they fall.
Proverbs 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment