3.25.2011

Leopard Print Lampshade

I recently picked up a lamp at an antique store for around $3 that was shade-less. After searching this small town for a cute printed lampshade to dress it up I decided making one would be a quicker option. To start I found an appropriately sized oatmeal colored shade with ribbon detail from Ross for $4.99. Then I had to decide on a print. Inspired by 'The Big Cat Diaries' series which we frequently watch (with the dog), I thought leopard print would be an eclectic touch in the living room.

First step, I painted tan colored imperfect circles in various sizes around the whole lamp.


Next, I painted a border of black around each circle. Some borders were complete, other were not, some were blended, others were less perfect. (The imperfections are really what make it more realistic looking.)


(I stretched this part out over a few days and worked on it while I was drinking my coffee or watching TV.)


And here is the finished product.....

so cute :) 

"Worship is a way of seeing the world in the light of God"  -Abraham Joshua Heschel


1 comment:

  1. i see something i made in this photo!!! LOVE AND MISS YOU! you have always been so creative!

    ReplyDelete