3.29.2011

A (Yet to Be Determined Color) Thumb


I needed a new project, and the weather has been wonderful lately... so I decided to give gardening a try. This area was previously populated by two bushes (one of which was dead) and a ground covering combination of half dirt and half grown over grass. So I decided to spruce it up a bit. I dug out a nice curved flower bed area with a garden shovel we found in the woods near our house (creepy). My foot was sore all week from stomping on the sharp edges of the shovel, which I was told was the wrong type of shovel for the job. I do'nt know what I expected from a free shovel. 
First, I transplanted the one live bush to the other side of bed (which fingers crossed will bounce back), then I planted two green bushed with red tips, two Asiatic lilies, and a bunch of those little bright colored cone shaped flowers in between. It is very colorful, coordinates well with the cowboy boot planter outside the front door. The last thing I did was fill it in with some Cyprus mulch.
Here is the masterpiece.....intricately created by the Master Craftsman and arranged by me.

 
I never imagined I would be one to "garden," but I have to say I enjoyed being 'hands on' with the creations of my Creator.

Teach us to realize the brevity of Life so that we may grow in wisdom
Psalms 90:12



2 comments:

  1. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you! It looks much nicer than it did before. Those flowers are not echinacea. Echinacea is a perinneal which comes back year after year, but you may already know that. Those flowers are annuals and are called celosia. Very nice Jess!

    http://www.google.com/images?q=echinacea&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ACAW_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1027&bih=579

    and

    http://www.virtualflowers.com.au/annuals_celosia.asp

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful, you are so creative keep it up!
    Love,
    Mom Beltz

    ReplyDelete